Amazing Benefits of Adding Hibiscus in Your Hair Care Routine
Hibiscus is that red and white flower you would have spotted in beautiful gardens, or you probably grow it in your own little garden! This pretty flower is the powerful herb your hair needs. To discover the power of hibiscus as a remedy, here’s the perfect list to help incorporate into your hair care regime.
Hibiscus for Hair Care
Hibiscus is the perfect Ayurvedic healer when it comes to hair care. The remedies include hibiscus flowers and hibiscus leaves for hair fall, bald patches, hair follicles, itchy scalp, dandruff and premature greying.
Amazing Benefits of Hibiscus
If you’re wondering whether this pretty flower’s powerful herbs are the best fit for your hair care needs, have a look at this list of its benefits we’ve rounded up for you.
- Hair Growth: Hibiscus is made up of naturally occurring amino acids that produce the building block of hair in a protein called keratin – one that increases the volume of your hair. It binds your hair, makes your hair strands thicker and break less.
- Hair Conditioning: When we use conditioners to soften our hair, we risk our hair getting stripped of its natural oils. A high amount of mucilage in hibiscus, with its slimy texture, can retain the natural moisture content in your hair. So, say hello to your natural conditioner in hibiscus!
- Hair Regrowth: Treating bald patches or baldness is generally known to be effective with the help of medical drugs. Stay away from toxic chemicals and harmful side effects by switching to hibiscus instead. moisturise your skin
- Hair Itching: The word we all dislike is here – dandruff. Excessive oil secretion by the glands can have you stuck with an itchy scalp. Hibiscus comes to your rescue as an astringent by reducing this and maintaining the pH balance of hair, all while cooling and soothing the scalp.
- Hair Greying: Melanin is a naturally occurring pigment that gives hair its natural colour. The antioxidants and vitamins in hibiscus help produce melanin, making it an ideal natural dye for your hair.
Adding Hibiscus in Hair Care Routines
Now that you’re aware of how hibiscus can take care of your hair, let’s dive into how you can use it easily and effectively. Some of the ways you can use hibiscus for your hair are:
- Hibiscus oil for hair rejuvenation: A mixture of eight flowers and leaves (ground into a paste) and warm coconut oil gives you a potent hibiscus oil. This can be used thrice a week to deeply nourish your hair and improve the circulation of blood within your body, and to your scalp.
- Hibiscus shampoo for hair cleansing: We’re all looking for a shampoo that produces lather and this herb possesses that quality. The Coco Soul Shampoo is a natural hair cleanser and gentle, mild, organic and herbal shampoo that boosts hair growth.
- Hibiscus conditioner for smooth hair: A deep conditioner that is natural, power packed with amino acids or keratin and makes your hair soft, more manageable is hibiscus.
- Hibiscus and egg/neem for hair growth: Control the oiliness and falling of hair with a mixture of three hibiscus flowers and two egg whites. Ayurvedic power ingredient, neem, is the perfect remedy for hair thinning when mixed with hibiscus. Mix hibiscus leaves with neem juice and apply to keep your scalp healthy.
- Hibiscus and onion for hair regrowth: Both are ingredients that boost hair growth – which essentially, is double the effect. Grind both individually, to make the pulp or paste, then strain to obtain their juices. The mixture of these juices can be applied thrice a week to effectively increase the volume of hair.
As you can now see, hibiscus is truly a transformative flower for your hair. Be it in the form of an oil for your scalp, a hair cleanser or shampoo that contains hibiscus or even a DIY hair mask, there are multiple ways to use this potent Ayurvedic herb.
Pleasing to the eye, beautifully fragrant and a magical cure for your hair hassles – who knew?! Get started with using this natural nourisher in your hair care regimen and witness the difference.